Saturday 28 November 2015

2016 is a special year for me.  I reach the 'grand old age of 50', yes the big 5 0! The question for me, what shall I do?  For me thou, 2016 is not just about my birthday, it is also represents two more anniversaries.  The first is 10 years since my wife passed away following complications from encephalitis and the second (which was promoted by her passing away - sad as it sounds) it is 10 years since I started running.

With these various thoughts I have decided to set myself a '12 in 12' Challenge: to run 12 1/2 marathons in 12 months.  Ok, this might not sound too much of a challenge, especially as I do run, but, looking back, I only run about 7-8 events a year.  So there is that I am now setting myself to run 1 event a month.  I am thou going to link it and promote awareness over the year towards encephalitis and the Encephalitis Society.



Me, at the end of the Virgin London Marathon, 2015


To try and explain what it is, how it progresses and some other useful information that we all might need to know,  Then to talk about the Society, a small charity that celebrated its 21st birthday in 2015 that is their to help anyone know and understand about this illness.


That is it: my simple 12 in 12 challenge and promotional awareness year :)




Encephalitis Society

 Link to the Society



No comments:

Post a Comment